After a transaction is confirmed, the user is usually redirected to another interface, as it has completed its objective within the transaction.
K2BTools generates code inside the transaction to customize this behaviour easily. The developer may change this behaviour whenever the transaction is invoked. If the transaction is invoked from a Pattern-generated object, the developer can customize the behaviour inside the pattern instance. If the transaction is invoked from an object maintained directly by the developer, the developer must use the K2BTrnContext variable.
This page explains how to change the navigation when the transaction is invoked from a pattern-generated object.
This documentation applies only to pattern instances where the "Standard" edit mode is used. In "TwoPane" and "Popup" edit modes, the navigation is already set.
K2BEntityServices includes three properties in the Modes (WorkWith) node to customize the navigation, called “After Insert”, “After Update”, and “After Delete”.
Possible values for these properties are:
- Return to caller: After confirming the transaction, the user should be redirected to the screen that invoked it.
- Entity Manager: After confirming the transaction, the user should be redirected to the next tab of the entity manager in which the transaction was invoked.
- None: After confirming the transaction, the user should not be redirected.
- The property “After Delete” does not support the “Entity Manager” option because after confirming a deletion there is no valid Entity Manager to redirect to.
- These properties' default value is defined in the K2BEntityServices Settings object inside transaction node.